2014 - present:
Lectuer in Meteorology at the Institute for Climate and Atmospheric Science in the School of Earth and Environment at the University of Leeds, UK.
2011 - 2014:
Research Fellow in the Monash Weather and Climate group in the School of Mathematical Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
2010 - 2011:
Feasibility Study of Young Scientists with the title “The impact of the dust-radiation interaction on Hurricane Helene (2006)” at the Insititut fuer Meteorologie und Klimaforschung, Karlsruher Institut fuer Technologie (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany.
2006 - 2010:
PhD in Meteorology at Karlsruher Institut fuer Technoology (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany.
2000 - 2006:
Diplom in Meteorology at Freie Universitaet Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
2004 - 2005:
Exchange year at Monash University, Melbourne Australia.
Scholarships and awards
- PhD scholarship of the Landesgraduiertenfoerderung of the federal state Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany: January 2007 - December 2008.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Agency) full year scholarship for two semesters at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia: February - November 2004.
- Exchange scholarship by Monash University, Melbourne, Australia: February - November 2004.
- “Golden Spike Award 2009” for excellent oral presentation at 12th Results and Review Workshop of the High Performance Computing Center (HLRS), October 8-9, Stuttgart, Germany.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Agency) travel scholarship to attend the 29th AMS Conference for Hurricanes and Tropical Meteorology in Tucson, Arizona, USA: 10-14 May 2010.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Agency) travel scholarship to attend the 3rd International AMMA Conference in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, West Africa: 20-24 July 2009.
- DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgesellschaft) travel scholarship to attend the 28th AMS Conference for Hurricanes and Tropical Meteorology in Orlando, USA: 28 April-02 May 2008.
American Meteorological Society (AMS)
Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS)
Royal Meteorological Society (RMetS)